Monday, April 14, 2014

2014 APRIL PAD CHALLENGE: DAY 14

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
For today's prompt, take the phrase "If I Were (blank)," replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write the poem. Possible titles might include: "If I Were President," "If I Were Smarter," "If I Were a Little More Sensitive," or "If I Were Born on April 14." If I were you, I'd get poeming about now.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
MY EFFORT
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
IF I WERE YOU


First thing I'd do
If I were you
I'd back up off me
Say we are through
You made it clear
There's someone new
Someone else
Who loves you true
Who loves you much
More than I do
At least you think so
Anyway
But it's okay
I tried my best
I even agreed
To take the test
Of  time
Which I failed
I tried though
I didn't just ask
The Lord
I begged
I didn't just pray
I fell on my knees
Lord please
Make this woman mine
And my prayers
Went unanswered
I guess it's a sign
So If I were you
First thing I'd do
Would be to leave me
Far behind

No comments:

Post a Comment