Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2014 APRIL PAD CHALLENGE: DAY 22

======================================================
Two-For-Tuesday Prompt: Write one, write the other, and/or write both!
1-Write an optimistic poem. The glass is half full.
2-Write a pessimistic poem. The glass is half empty.
------------------------------------------------------------------
MY EFFORT
===============
GIANT STEPS

At first I was sure
I could do it
I was positive
I told myself
I can do this
Walk in Papa's
Boots
While living back then
As a farmer was
Sweat and blood on
The roots
Could it be that hard
Today
I asked myself
Rising before
Dawn feeding and tending
Livestock
Watching crops grow
From a seed in the dirt
Harvesting vast acres
Of produce from sunup to
Sundown
Then it dawned on me
Even
With today's technology
With modern machinery
And time-saving devices
I knew those boots were
Still big
I wasn't
So positive
Anymore



No comments:

Post a Comment