Monday, April 7, 2014

2014 APRIL PAD CHALLENGE: DAY 7

==============================================================Write a self-portrait poem. Pretty straightforward, right? That doesn't mean there's not a lot of room for creativity. Just look at artists and their self-portraits; there's a lot of differences in the self-portraits of Kahlo, Schiele, Dali, Van Gogh, and others--and not just because the artists look different themselves.
=======================================
=================MY EFFORT
=============================
JUST THE WAY I AM


I am the poet as artist
Viewing myself as is
Without bright watercolors
Splashed on a canvas background
Without oils or pastels on my
Palette to choose from but
Equipped with only
My iphone pointed straight
Ahead poised
To capture my face my
Mirrored image smiling
Beneath a stoic expression
Head down grimacing
With a fixed gaze
A portrait of myself
Taken by myself
Looking elsewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment